Attorneys. Counselors. Advocates.

Call for a Free Probate Consultation

(228) 285-0045

Contact Us

Our team is here to help

Contact us for a free consultation.

Gulfport Conservatorship Attorney

Representation from an Experienced Gulfport Probate Lawyer

A conservatorship is used when a person (the ward) needs someone to step in and take care of their estate. Whether incapacitated, older in age, or dealing with mental weakness, the ward becomes unable to manage their property and a conservator is then appointed to step in. If you have been appointed as the conservator of an incapacitated person's estate, there may be a chance that you will be asked to look over the ward as well. At PMTK, we are committed to equipping our clients with the general knowledge and effective resources that they need in order to take on this important task. Our Gulfport probate lawyers can also assist you if your loved one is in need of getting a conservator to look after their estate.

Responsibilities of a Conservator in Gulfport, Mississippi

When a person becomes unable to manage their estate and finances, the court appoints a conservator to step in. If you have been appointed as the conservator, your responsibilities include:

  • Collecting the assets of the ward and taking inventory;
  • Protecting their property;
  • Making necessary payments;
  • Managing their finances;
  • Looking out for their best interests; and
  • Making important financial decisions for the ward.

Avoiding a Conservatorship

The conservatorship process is handled by the court. They are responsible for appointing a conservator to manage the finances of the ward. The conservator is also held responsible for keeping the court updated and following their exact procedure. In order to avoid the involvement of the court and being able to stay in control of your fate (even if you become incapacitated), you can establish a durable power of attorney. This document allows you to appoint someone to take care of your finances and lets you provide them with exact instructions. Instead of giving the court in Mississippi control of your fate, now is the time to plan ahead and create a durable power of attorney that reflects your precise wishes.

Learn more about court-ordered conservatorships!

Not only can a person be appointed to watch over the finances of the ward, but they may be asked to watch over the health and safety of the ward as well. Whether you have been appointed by the court, your loved one is in need of a conservatorship or you want to try and avoid conservatorship altogether, PMTK can help. We have the resources and information you need to effectively address your specific legal concerns. Now is the time to initiate your case and get an attorney that can continue to put your best interests before anything else. Call a Harrison County probate lawyer to discuss your conservatorship concerns today!

Perry, Murr, Teel & Koenenn - Gulfport Probate Attorney
Located at 625 16th St, Gulfport, MS 39507
Phone: (228) 896-0020

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Privacy Policy   |   Site Map

Call for a Free Probate Consultation

(228) 285-0045